Especially during or in the aftermath of a recession, finding employment for youth can be a challenge.
Studies show that graduates with work experience are more likely to get employed compared to those that don’t. Our programs provide over 350 youth each year with employment, for many their first job creating employability and transferable skills for the future.
We provide youth with support in writing resumes and cover letters, preparing and practicing for interviews, and developing the ‘soft skills’ required in most workplaces.
- In 2016, 370 youth were successful in obtaining a job through our work experience and employment supports programs
- 872 youth gained employability skills through our Education and Employment programs
- 93% of youth reported that they had learned new employability skills such as filling out an application, building a resume, and how to do a job interview
- 90% of youth reported that they learned teamwork skills
- 97% of youth reported that they feel better prepared for a job in the future