For more than 44 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary have had a valuable partnership with the Calgary Stampede and Exhibition, providing a Work Experience Program to our youth.
The Stampede Work Experience Program provides those 12 years and older with a paid opportunity to work at the “Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth” and gain valuable work experience.
There are also employment opportunities for the Stampede Work Experience Adult Supervisor Positions. Through a skills workshop and the ongoing support of qualified, caring, adult supervisors – youth learn important employment skills such as application writing, interview skills, punctuality, and customer service.
Who can access the program?
- Youth ages 12 and up
- Adults with experience working with children/youth
- All youth and supervisors must be available to work all 11 days
- All youth need to have a SIN card/number
- Youth do not need to be a member
- Applications will be available at the recruitment talks, not before. Following the recruitment talks they can access the application online on our website
- Applicants must include a resume with their application
How can I apply?
Join us for a Stampede Work Experience Information Session.
All sessions will run from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Please note, although pre-registration is not required, once the locations maximum capacity is reached the doors will be closed and the session will begin.
Information session dates:
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017 – BGCC Hangar
- Thursday, February 23, 2017 – Thorncliffe Club
- Monday, February 27, 2017 – Beltline Youth Centre
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017 – Pineridge Club
- Thursday, March 2, 2017 – Bowness Club
- Monday, March 6, 2017 – Forest Lawn Club
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 – Falconridge Clubs
- Tuesday, March 15, 2017 – Penbrooke Club
Stampede Work Experience Information Sessions
See ‘How To Apply” for Stampede Work Experience Information Session details.
Beltline Youth Connections supports youth with an immigrant and refugee youth focus. Services are offered seven days a week throughout the year during critical after school hours, holidays, and weekends.
Beltline Youth Connections addresses the developmental and settlement needs of newcomer youth through a comprehensive and culturally competent service model.
Who can come to the Beltline Youth Centre?
- All youth ages 12 – 24
Why come to the Beltline Youth Centre?
- Educational support and tutoring through Raising the Grade
- Immigration support and resources
- Music Studio, with opportunities to learn and record
- Free workshops and classes (Guitar Club, Bike Club, etc.)
- Pre-employment and employment resources
- Gymnasium and weight room (basketball, soccer, etc.)
- Social and recreational events
Developmental and settlement needs
Beltline Youth Connections offers the developmental and settlement needs of newcomer youth through a comprehensive and culturally competent service model that includes:
- Needs assessment
- Community connections
- Advocacy and support for system navigation
- One to one case management with ongoing supportive coaching
- Conversation clubs and satellite workshops with age appropriate cultural orientation topics
- Employment related services including employment skills workshops and connection to employment opportunities
- Cultural and recreation activities with positive adults and peers that promote community connections and building social networks
- Family events that promote family togetherness and celebration of cultural diversity
- Community collaboration to reduce barriers and increase access to a wider range of community supports and resources.
More Information about Beltline Youth Centre
For more info about Beltline Youth Centre, please call 403-263-7934 or stop by during the hours of operation (see below). Beltline Youth Centre is located at 223 – 12 Avenue SW.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday to Thursday: 1:30pm – 9:00pm
- Fridays & Saturdays: 2:00pm – 9:30pm
- Beltline Youth Centre is always looking for volunteers and practicum students to come and help support operations.
- Visit us on Facebook at Beltline Youth Connection