The Prevention and Outreach stream at Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary offers support and advocacy to vulnerable youth and their families.
Operating through a natural support lens we serve youth between the ages of 14-24 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in connecting to the supports they need to successfully transition to adulthood.
403-828-HOPE (4673) is a centralized referral service for youth and agencies supporting youth in need of housing and basic needs support.
What does 828-HOPE do?
828-HOPE provides youth with timely support to end their time on the streets including:
- Information about and referral to youth housing programs in Calgary
- Assistance in applying for supports related to housing (e.g., Red Cross Emergency Fund, rent assistance)
- Support to avoid eviction
- Emergency needs resources (i.e., housing, food, clothing, hygiene supplies)
- Link to immediate support and connection to the Script team for young people at risk of homelessness
- Link to Fusion family workers who provide case management to vulnerable young people and natural supports navigating them away from homelessness or involvement with the justice system
- Support to prevent future incidences of homelessness and the issues related to homelessness (criminal activity, fines, poor health) that impact front-line policing
- Support to complete the SPDAT process for accessing housing support
Fusion works with vulnerable youth and their families/natural supports to build relationship skills and improve family functioning. Fusion recognizes the importance of relationships and social supports, and aims to create a network of positive, non-professional resources for youth and their families.
What does Fusion do?
Fusion offers a flexible approach to working with youth and their families or natural supports. Fusion provides a timely and mobile response to youth and families seeking support through barrier-free individualized services. Fusion supports youth and families through conflict resolution, advocacy, employment support and educational support, linking to resources, mediation, problem-solving and coaching.
Who is Fusion for?
Fusion is designed to support youth, ages 14-24, and their families/natural supports.