Bring the Whole Team!
Our Corporate and Group Volunteer Program called, Be a Hero, gives your work group an opportunity to make a difference in your community and gain a greater understanding of some of the critical social issues in Calgary.
Be a Hero volunteer opportunities provide your team with the chance to make an impact in the lives of the children, youth and families that we serve each day. These opportunities are a great way for your team to unveil their internal superheroes, build team morale, and make a lasting impression on our programs. We’ll even give your group social Media shout outs and recognition in our publications highlighting your community engagement.
Adventures May Involve:
- Interacting with children and youth
- Gardening or landscaping
- Building furniture
- Revitalizing a space
- Holiday dinners
- Staff appreciation
- Depending on the project, the time requirement will be between 2- 8 hours.
- We encourage volunteers not to leave projects unfinished
- On occasion, some projects may take place over a couple days, depending on complexity and project type.
Number of Heroes:
- We are able to accommodate between 2-80 volunteers.
- Groups larger than 15 will be spread across a number of programs
- Please provide a minimum of 2 weeks for planning purposes.
- All participants will be required to sign an Event Waiver Form
- Be a Hero Opportunities are available throughout the year
- For larger construction projects, we seek skilled workers
- You will get an on-site staff member to ensure the volunteer day runs smoothly