Enough for All
Click below for information prepared by Vibrant Communities Calgary and Momentum to provide Calgarians with credible
information about the different financial resources that are available in response to COVID-19.
- Payment relief
- Pyment flexibility
- Call 310-2010 or follow the link below
AlbertaWorks – Emergency Financial Assistance
- 24-hour Emergency Income Support Contact Centre
- Get emergency financial assistance to help with basic needs such as shelter, food, clothing and transportation.
- Toll free: 1-866-644-5135
- Email: email@example.com
CRA – COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
These resources are provided as a reference for those seeking information on the economic measures introduced by the
Government of Canada to support Canadian workers and businesses during this challenging period.
Calgary CO-OP care packages
- Contains non-perishable food items that are delivered free of charge to anyone who is quarantined
- Will be available until April 15th
- Can call 403-219-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
- In the email you must include: name, address, phone number, start and end date of quarantine and the closest CO-OP
Brown Bagging for kids
- Staring March 24, 2020: you can call any Bro’kin Yolk from 8:30 AM- 10 AM to place an order for lunch for any families that are looking for a lunch for their child.
- All meals will be available for pick up on that day at 11:30 AM at whichever location was called
- Creekside Location: #130 12580 Symons Valley Rd NW; 587-317-5743
- Mahogany Location: #14107 7 Mahogany Plaza SE; 403-457-5955
- Signal Hill Location: 5691 Signal Hill Centre SW; 403-685-331
- www.bb4ck.org for more information
Calgary Food Bank emergency hamper
- Call 403-253-2055 or click the link below
Dashmesh Culture Centre
- The centre has opened their kitchen to Calgarians who require a hot, vegetarian meal, free of charge
- The Gurdwara, located at 135 Martindale Blvd Northeast will supply anyone in need with a meal, each day between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Volunteers will also deliver meals to those in self-isolation within a 5-kilometre radius.
Telus: Internet for Good
- TELUS is offering their Internet for Good program for free right now for the first two months, after that it’s 9.95 per month for 24 months.
Shaw: Free WiFi
- You do not have to be a Shaw customer to access their Shaw Go WiFi for free
- (Crisis and suicide line 24/7); Crisis intervention and support to services or referral to other agencies
- Online Crisis Chat: Chat is available from 3 pm – 10:00 pm weekdays and from noon-10:00 pm on weekends.
- ConnecTeen Online Chat: Is available from 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm weekdays and noon-10:00pm on weekends at www.CalgaryConnecTeen.com
Kids Help Phone:
- 403-1-800-668-6868- 24/7 support for children and adolescents
Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse:
- Crisis and information line is available 9 AM-9 PM 7 days a week
- Call 403-237-5888
Suicide Prevention Line:
- Toll free 24 hour support line
- Call 1-800-784-2433
- Alcoholics Anonymous is now doing online meetings
- For more information go to their website: https://bit.ly/2J9acmL
- Helping with referrals, assessments and housing information; mental health and addiction supports; justice system supports; social services information and referrals
- Taking phone inquiries only at this time. Call 403-617-4183 or 403-608-5559
- Open 9 AM-4:15 PM Monday to Friday
Centre for Newcomers:
- Full services being offered over the phone, online or through tele-conferencing. People can call to book times for such appointments, email or DM them on their social media sites. All onsite workshops and events have been cancelled until further notice.
- For more information visit their website https://www.centrefornewcomers.ca/ or call 403-569- 3325
Calgary Catholic Immigration Services :
- Offering telephone consultations and guidance, limited one-on-one meetings and on-line or virtual communication. Top priority is assisting anyone who has recently arrived in Alberta and may not have the family or community resources to support them. Workshops, training sessions, language classes, community events and personal interviews have been postponed indefinitely.
- For more information visit their website https://www.ccisab.ca/
Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association
- Services are limited to over the phone assistance
- Visit their website for more information https://www.ciwa-online.com/ or call 403- 263- 4414
Immigrant Services Calgary
- Moving all services to online.
- This includes counselling, referrals, etc.
- For more information visit their website https://www.immigrantservicescalgary.ca/ or call 403-265-1120