2019 Holiday Wish List
As the days grow shorter and snow coats the ground in Calgary, our thoughts may turn to the upcoming holidays and time spent with family. But for many of the children, youth and families we serve, the holiday season may not be so joyous.
To serve our communities, whether they are in need of a child’s gift or seeking the necessities of life – such as art supplies, personal hygiene items, transit tickets, and more – we have worked with clients to build a Holiday Wish List of items that would make an immediate impact in their lives. Give the gift of a new toy or board game, gift card or art supplies, and more, to directly benefit local families this holiday season.
Please note: For health and safety reasons – and because these donations will be given to recipients as a holiday gift – only new, unused items will be accepted.
2019 Wish List items:
- Winter clothing (jackets, shoes and boots, mittens/gloves, socks, toques, scarves)
- Gift cards (SportChek, Cineplex, IKEA, Walmart, Winners, Safeway, Co-Op, Cineplex Odeon, iTunes, Google Play)
- Transit tickets and passes
- Infant supplies and accessories (diapers, wipes, stroller, play pen, bibs, receiving blankets)
- Personal hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, deoderant, feminine hygiene supplies, body wash)
- Cultural gifts (Manitoba Mukluks, moccasins, blankets)
- Toys (dolls, LEGO, learning toys)
- Board games (including puzzles, tabletop games, cards)
- Art supplies (crayons, pencils, sketch books, erasers, markers, coloured pencils, colouring books)
- Yoga mats
- Purses, bags, backpacks
Donation drop-off locations:
Looking for more ways to support Calgary families?
Make a one-time gift or join our Monthly Giving Program.